It's finally here! A new version of Recycle WordPress Theme has arrived, packed with cool new features, better Page Builder 2.5+ compatibility & beautiful new inner pages. We addressed a lot of issues reported to us (thank you everyone for the bug reports) and fulfilled some feature requests.
Here is what's new:
- ADDED: Portfolio Content Type and Widget
- ADDED: Static Blocks content type and widget
- ADDED: Advanced tabs and gallery widgets
- ADDED: additional permalink settings for portfolio and team
- IMPROVED: IOS compatibility
- IMPROVED: IE Compatibility
- IMPROVED: Theme Options CSS loading optimization
- IMPROVED: Boxed layout
- IMPROVED: Gallery post format
- IMPROVED: Text logo display
- IMPROVED: Carousel behaviour in OrionThemes widgets.
- FIXED: Revolution slider widget bug: "Error on page save" fixed
How to update your Recycle WordPress Theme
Please follow these steps to ensure a smooth transition.
1. Backup your website
This is recommended, so if anything goes wrong, you can revert to the previous version.
2. Make sure all customisation is inside your child theme
If you edited the code in any of the theme files, move all your customisation into the child theme. If you didn't modify the theme files, you can skip this step.
3. Upload the new theme to your server
The new version of the theme is available for download on Themeforest. Unzip the downloaded theme and replace the theme files on your server. These can be found inside your WordPress Installation in wp-content/themes/recycle folder.
4. Update the Recycle plugin
There should be a notification about an available update inside your WordPress dashboard.
5. Update your theme options to rebuild your custom styling
This step is necessary, because we changed the way theme options are being saved. Following these steps will import your existing theme settings from the old version:
1. Go to Theme options -> Header & menu
2. Switch the header type & Save
3. Switch back to your original header and save again.
4. Hard refresh on the front-end. On Windows: Hold down Ctrl and press F5. On Mac Hold ⇧ Shift and click the Reload button.
Questions & Troubleshooting
We're sure you will love the new Recycle features which bring a lot of new possibilities for you to unleash your creativity in building new layouts and improving your existing websites. For examples of what is possible, you can check our updated demo.
We are interested in what you make with Recycle theme, so do not hesitate to contact us. If you are experiencing any issues with the new update or need further information, please open a support ticket here and we will help you resolve it. We have a great support team and usually reply to your tickets within a couple of hours.